Martin County Center: (507) 238-4757
Faribault County Center: (507) 526-3265
Home  |  Contact  |  Calendar  |  Blog


Martin County Center: (507) 238-4757
Faribault County Center: (507) 526-3265

Home   |   Contact   |  Calendar  |   Blog

Childcare Assistance

It is important to know that your child is well cared for while you are at work or going to school.  Minnesota’s Child Care Assistance Programs (CCAP) can help make quality child care affordable for eligible families.  There are options for families receiving public assistance through the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or the Diversionary Work Program (DWP) and other income-eligible families.

The Minnesota Child Care Assistance program helps families pay for care for:

  • Children 12 or younger
  • Children 14 or younger with special needs

In addition, families must:

  • Participate in authorized activities including work, looking for work, or attending school
  • Cooperate with child support requirements
  • Chose an eligible child care provider that is registered with the county

Your child care worker will follow program rules to determine the amount of child care assistance for which you qualify for.  The number of hours is determined by your:

  • Work, training or school schedule
  • Child’s school schedule
  • Other factors including travel time

There are maximum amounts per hour, day or week that child care assistance can pay the child care provider you choose.  If child care assistance doesn’t cover the provider’s usual rate, the provider may charge you the difference. 

Most families have to pay a portion of the child care cost, called a copayment.  The copay amount is based on your family’s size and income.