New COVID-19 Booster Available
Community Health of Faribault & Martin Counties will be offering the new Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 booster with covers the Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5. Four vaccine clinic dates have been set for the month of September.
In Faribault County:
- September 14 in Blue Earth
- September 27 in Blue Earth
Make your appointment here: https://FaribaultMartinCOVID-19Vaccines.as.me/?calendarID=7199459
In Martin County:
- September 29 in Fairmont
- September 30 in Fairmont
Make your appointment here: https://FaribaultMartinCOVID-19Vaccines.as.me/?calendarID=7199859
What to know:
- This is a single dose, updated booster to cover the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant in addition to the original strain for COVID-19. BA.4 and BA.5 are currently responsible for a majority of the COVID infections impacting our communities.
- Eligible individuals must have received the primary series (doses 1 and 2 of Moderna or Pfizer or 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson.)
- Must be 18 years or older to receive the Moderna booster. Pfizer is approved for ages 12+ from other community providers.
- You must wait two months between your last COVID vaccine and the new booster.
- Those who recently had a COVID-19 infection should consult with their medical provider about when they should receive the bivariant booster.
- Mixing and matching between Pfizer and Moderna is allowed. For example, someone who had Pfizer for their primary series (doses 1 and 2) may have a Moderna booster.
Additional vaccination clinics will be scheduled based on demand. Individuals may also call our office to schedule a vaccine appointment separate from the clinic dates. 507-238-4757.